Sunday, December 30, 2012

My mother is an addict. Not the recovering kind but the full blown practicing kind. My whole life I cannot remember a time my mother was not an addict. Because of my mother's addiction I was robbed of a childhood, suffered physical and mental anguish and lost the most important relationship a person can have, the one with their mother.

I started this blog to try to reach out to others that have had to live a life with an addicted parent. Whether it is alcoholism or addiction to drugs such as meth, herion, ect. I wanted to create a safe place for people to come together and share stories and support. I will share stories of my youth and how my mother's addiction still effects me as an adult, mother and wife. This is my first blog so please bear with me as I navigate through this experience. I welcome suggestions and comments.

Sorry that this post is so short. I plan on posting another entry here soon that is more of the tone that I want to set for this blog. Also, keep an eye out for The Addict's Child on Facebook. I plan on getting a page up in the next few weeks.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you all!!!!



Taya

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I'm so impressed. I can't wait to see your next blog. You are such an inspiration Taya. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete